if almond butter is a key ingredient in a recipe that means you should eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, right? 🙂
we love this dairy and gluten free friendly recipe for blondies. a little pick-me up for the start of the week!
1/4 cup unsalted butter or butter alternative( i use dairy free earth balance sticks or straight from the tub)
3/4 cup creamy almond butter–i use either trader joe’s or costco brand.
2 large eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond floud
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips (i love the “enjoy life” brand)
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. prepare an 8-inch-square baking pan, cover with parchment paper, allowing it to slightly hang over the edges
3. cream butter and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy
4. add in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. mix well!
5. in a separate small bowl–whisk almond floud, baking powder and salt
6. add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined
7. stir the chocolate chips
8. spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan
9. bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs! be careful not to overbake!!!
10. let cool in the pan for 45 minutes–that’s if you can wait that long. lift the edges of the parchment paper to help separate the blondies from the paper.
11. eat with ice cream. or just eat 🙂