if almond butter is a key ingredient in a recipe that means you should eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, right? 🙂
we love this dairy and gluten free friendly recipe for blondies. a little pick-me up for the start of the week!
1/4 cup unsalted butter or butter alternative( i use dairy free earth balance sticks or straight from the tub)
3/4 cup creamy almond butter–i use either trader joe’s or costco brand.
2 large eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips (i love the “enjoy life” brand)
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. prepare an 8-inch-square baking pan, cover with parchment paper, allowing it to slightly hang over the edges
3. cream butter and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy
4. add in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. mix well!
5. in a separate small bowl–whisk almond floud, baking powder and salt
6. add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined
7. stir the chocolate chips
8. spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan
9. bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs! be careful not to overbake!!!
10. let cool in the pan for 45 minutes–that’s if you can wait that long. lift the edges of the parchment paper to help separate the blondies from the paper.
11. eat with ice cream. or just eat 🙂
we’re just going to go ahead and put it out there–we’re both gluten and dairy free. (and we’re not just following…it’s an allergy) 🙂
so naturally, with that statement come all the questions and comments–“sooo…what do you even eat?!” “is your life so sad?” “how do you live?” and on and on.
one of our very favorite things is to make food that makes us feel like “normal” human beings 🙂 things that taste normal and not like the stereotypical cardboard flavor that accompanies some gluten free, dairy free foods. (especially baked goods).
so without further ado, the best gf/df simple banana bread recipe:
serves: 1 loaf or 1 dozen muffins
ingredients: in a large bowl mix together the following: 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1 egg, 3/4 cup mashed banana, 3 tbsp applesauce, 1 tsp vanilla extract. in a separate medium bowl mix together the following dry ingredients: 1 1/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour (i use bob’s red mill baking flour), 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp ground flax seeds, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional). add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix well.
preheat the oven to 355 degrees fahrenheit. grease an 8″x4″x3″ loaf pan or muffin tins (i like to use muffin tin liners to make life easier).
bake the loaf for 35-45 mins…check them periodically with a toothpick. if it comes up clean, pull that baby out of the oven and let it cool. muffins bake for closer to 15-20 mins.
don’t overbake! there’s nothing more sad than a dry, hardened loaf of banana bread.
well, here we are…it seems as though a giant space bar has been pressed in our lives. we are navigating a season of loss, and in it, finding room to dream and create and process.
the anders collective is a culmination of a handful of things we love–woodworking, writing, whimsy and more!
we’re hoping to be a small part of your holidays in helping to provide unique and custom gifts for those you love!
stay tuned for more.